Friday, May 18, 2012

Inside Passage

Day 2: 

Woke up from one of the best nights of sleep I have ever had, thanks to the rocking of the ship and the sounds from the propellers...I could get used to this kind of life.
We are currently heading NNW up the Coast of WA, still towards Bellingham. On our way, we'll pass by Cape Flattery, Port Angeles, Port Townsend, and the San Juan Islands. We are still cruising at 11kn but the swells are reaching 9-12ft which is making the voyage pretty rough. It should calm down once we reach the Inside Passage. I still haven't gotten seasick (YAY!) and I think I am getting used to the motions of the ship. It is, however, very amusing to watch me try to find my sea legs. Maybe I'll get one of the crew members to film me walking around on the deck. I still struggle with that.

Just in case anyone is interested in following our route, click on this link: NOAA Ship Tracker. You have to click on the drop down box and find the Rainier (RA). This should show where we are at all times.
Once we get to Bellingham, WA to calibrate our compass, we will be taking the Inside Passage North, beyond Vancouver Island to our next destination; Ketchikan, AK.
I still don't have internet in my stateroom, so I can't upload photos yet. But hopefully that will be resolved soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment